We talk with Celine Halioua, founder and CEO of Loyal — a startup that is developing drugs to extend dog lifespan.
Celine was in the second cohort of the On Deck Founder fellowship and recently announced an $11M raise — one of the largest seed rounds ever for a female solo founder.
Though Loyal’s immediate project is longevity for dogs, Celine’s long-term goal is to build the “SpaceX of Aging” and to make the goal of extending human lifespan as prominent in the public mind as the prospect of interplanetary travel.
- When the straight path is not the effective path
- Redefining the narrative around longevity
- How to think about/define lifespan extension
- Why aging isn’t consider a disease—but it should be
- Building the SpaceX for aging
- How to find the thing you’re uniquely good at building
- On deciding to go the solo founder route
- Making knowledge and information sharing more prevalent in biotech
- The value of mentorship